Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pray for Reggie

Dear Friends,

I apologize for sending this news but, I must tell everyone I know and it's impossible for me to reach out to each of you individually. I have already spoken to a few of you and I wish I could tell you each personally but this will have to do for now.

I have been diagnosed with a brain tumor, probably a metastatic cancer from somewhere else in my body or, it could be a Glioblastoma, the most common and the most aggressive type of brain tumor. Wherever it came from, it must come out and surgery is scheduled for next Monday, July 7. I will be having some more tests this week and then will spend the holiday weekend with friends at Lake Erie.

The doctors won't know what type of tumor it is until they get a sample during the procedure. At that time, they will determine how radical an excision they will need to do. If it is a Glioblastoma, he will probably remove the entire left occipital lobe. The occipital lobe controls vision so this will leave me with complete blindness on the right half of both eyes. I guess it's not the end of the world, but I'm no longer able to drive because of the vision deficit I've already incurred and I'll probably bump into everybody on the right side of me at the grocery store :-)

My dear friends, Dr. Dave Bruce, will be communicating with you through this blog with periodic updates. This is very overwhelming but, please feel comfort in knowing that I am okay with this, any way that it may go.

It's hard to imagine that I am even writing this but I'm glad that I have this opportunity to communicate with you now.

Again, I wish I could speak to each of you personally but there are almost 200 people on this email!

Know that each one of you has touched my life and I thank you for being very special to me!

With love,
Reggie Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment